1. Own It!
Own It: It’s not what you want, it’s what you DO about what you want (WYDAWYW). Brandon helps youth own who they are, what they want, and what holds them back. Expect lots of funny crowd interaction, thought-provoking examples, moving stories, and a powerful spoken word presentation. Students leave with a new sense of “own”ership and the motivation to take action.
Topics Covered: Leadership, self-perception, anti-bullying, and responsibility.
1. “OWN IT” DANCE WORKSHOP(60-90 minutes)
As a professional dancer, Brandon has worked with dance stars from “Dancing with the Stars.” In this workshop, participants learn leadership through ballroom dance. Positive communication, risk-taking, teamwork, goal-setting, and discipline are all covered in a way that will stick in your memory. It’s a fun and educational way to “break the ice” and get youth moving. This workshop can include total crowd participation or select volunteers depending upon request and space availability. (Maximum occupancy contingent upon space and sound equipment)
2. THE “OWN IT” PERSONALITY TEST (60 minutes)
Have you ever wondered why you mesh with certain people and clash with others? In this presentation, Brandon Lee White, guides participants through his “Own It” personality test and helps students see themselves more clearly. Exercises and acting out real-life situations will make students laugh and help them make the most of their unique personality while effectively relating and leading others.
3. STUDENT LEADER TRAINING (1-3 hours)
In this training, student leaders are introduced to Brandon’s “Own It Curriculum” and receive a copy of “Don’t Be A Lamesauce”. Participants work on assessing their strengths, opportunities, and challenges. Students also define goals and roles and participate in energizing activities to strengthen leadership skills. Students leave with a plan of action to “Own It!” in their club!
4. OWN IT DAY! (4-6 hours)
This day focuses on students taking ownership and schools being changed starting with an assembly speech that gets the school going and STUCO leadership training to steer to momentum. If you want a longer more lasting impact, this is it. This program addresses involvement, bullying, leadership, and morale.
- Keynote Assembly Speech (45 minutes each)(Up to 2 presentations)
- Guaranteed to inspire students to make more positive choices by first helping them look at themselves (and others) in a positive way. This speech makes an impact.
- School Activity (60 minutes each)(Adequate space needed)
- The entire school, or select group of students, learn a ballroom dance such as swing dance as a way to put the message learned in the speech to practice. Students practice risk-taking, teamwork, problem-solving, etc.
- Student Leadership Workshop (60 minutes)
- Takes the message beyond the stage to the student council members and teaches them skills to be change agents in their school.
- OWN IT Student Leadership Curriculum (45-minute intro)
- Includes e-file curriculum and up to 15 hard copies of my student leadership book.
- Post Day Follow-Up
- Skype, email, or phone call session to follow-up with questions and next steps.
ELEMENTARY ASSEMBLY PRESENTATIONS
1. SUPER STUDENTS (Be Brave & Build Character) (45 minutes)
Students laugh as they learn while Brandon involves the audience. Students engage in funny activities, energetic dances, and moving stories as they learn about character and courage. Your entire school and even the teachers will love this presentation!
- “Super students” don’t need super powers.
- Respond to bullying with positive energy.
- Be kind.
- Think before you act.
- It’s okay if you mess up as long as you don’t give up.
1. Let It Move! (Dance Workshop)
As a professional dancer, Brandon has worked with dance stars such as Corky Ballas and Peta Murgatroyd from “Dancing with the Stars.” In this workshop, students participate in easy-to-learn ballroom dancing. Teamwork, courage, etiquette, and exercise, responsibility, and discipline are all covered in this morale boosting workshop. This is the most interactive workshop you’ll find, which it why it’s called, “Let It Move!” (Up to 100 participants)
Step In Step Out (K-12 Youth Ballroom Dance Program)
1 On 1 – Leadership Program
4-WEEK CUSTOM LEADERSHIP PROGRAM